Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How does one drum up support here?

How do I get someone, nay, everyone to follow my blog? I'm sure an integral first step would be to have some interesting content, but should I try and find pics and videos that are fun and cute? I feel like no. I feel like I should focus on my writing, as that is the purpose of this exercise. But at the same time this crazy multi-media world we live in, will just text (no matter how delightful) be enough? Can I get away with saying what i think and care about alone? Or should I punctuate it with stupid pictures of cute animals so the kids don't get bored?
Alas, its all folly anyway, I'm gonna follow my gut and stick to my own musings, let the high school kids and bored/boring housewives deal with kittens in baskets and the like. A true writer needs no illustrations, save perhaps cover art, but I'll worry about that when I write a book.
That's been a plan for a while, but I carry the curse of many aspiring writers, all I have is a stupid idea for a plot, and some characters that are really just me or what I do or don't want to be... *sigh I think it largely stems from the fact that I'm too familiar with archetypes, and too proud to use the same basic plot lines that are already in every other novel in existence. I feel like if I were to write a novel it would have to shatter the formula.... You know set up tension that's never resolved, let the bad guy win, all that stuff you're not allowed to do if you want the public to like it.
Well thats all I got for now, hope someone out there likes it. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment