Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer of you knooooow whatever!

So here it is, the cold hard truth, its August already, and that means September is right around the corner... *shakes head in disgust*

I find myself looking back on the time thats passed since my life was turned upside down, and realizing that its already been half a year... Six months since I was folded in half under a car, wondering if I'd ever walk again... Its still so surreal...

Excuse me, I guess I'm just gathering my thoughts for tomorrow. I have an insurance sponsored psychological evaluation, and I'm not even sure what its about. I assume it has something to do with my settlement, an assessment of damage, and I really dont know what I'm going to say...

On one hand, I've been trying my best to live as close to a normal life as I can muster, and while the pain in my back has been a nearly constant companion, I've managed to at least appear normal...

But on the other hand, though I have been able to "maintain" a lifestyle, theres still so much thats missing, and that will be for so long... I miss being able to push myself to the brink of exaustion, or even at all. I miss being able to go out and get a job, my independance- both financial and functional... Just little things that seem so easy to attain...

Blegh, what a life we live- but you know, when it boils down, at least the foods good!

No comments:

Post a Comment