Monday, November 2, 2009

Hey blogspot... How've you been?

Wow, I just realized that I left off on a really down note last time. You'll be pleased to know that things are looking much better than they have in a long time. While not m uch has changed in the work/recovery arena, I'm really feeling like I've finally got a lot of my personal shit together. I'm more confident in general talking to people again, I have the strength to stay out and have a social life during the day, and I feel like I have a clearer path in front of me.

Nothing like attainable goals to make a guy feel like not an invalid.

A little update on the going on of the last couple of months, I've been continuing with physio three days a week, and hanging out with my neighbours kids and helping them with their math homework two other days. Its been a lot of fun, and its helped me decide that teaching is definitely the direction I want to take. I might even be able to get into teaching professionally without going through the ordeal of post-secondary education again.

My birthday was awsome, not just for cool swag (but that helped), it was a really fun time at the party, despite a lot of people not being able to make it... And I had a smaller party at my moms house which was a really cool opportunity to see some people from my past including my favorite teacher from high school. It was especially nice to see him too, as the last time I heard about him he was fighting cancer (he won btw) and I was pretty sure I wouldn't see him again.

I've also been up and on my bike a whole bunch too. About a week into October, fate turned in my favour and the sun came out and stayed out, so I spent as much time on two wheels as was humanly possible.

God I hate doing updates, but the moral of the story is that I'm a happy Jules, and things are definitely looking up. More stories to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment