Thursday, September 3, 2009

Disenchanted

Disenchanted:
–verb (used with object)
to rid of or free from enchantment, illusion, credulity, etc.; disillusion
ex: The harshness of everyday reality disenchanted him of his idealistic hopes.

**********

Is there any sadder a state than disenchantment? Its hope's kryptonite. Uncertainty and disenchantment have played a big part in my thoughts lately. The insurance company has summarily decided that I no longer need their assistance, despite the fact that I am not capable of continuing my career, and have no means of retraining myself. My lawyer things it will take months to appeal, so now things are tight again, and while I'm still recieving welfare, its not enough, and its starting to make me worry about things like rent and eating on top of everything else....

1 comment: